Thursday, February 15, 2007

Home Alone

Last weekend was my first time home alone (for longer than 5 hours) with Noelle. I had her from lunchtime on Thursday until dinnertime on Saturday. I was really glad that I was able to stay with Noelle so that Sarah could go on her retreat, but then I realized that if Sarah is on the retreat nobody is at home helping me with Noelle...

My time with her was great though. It stretched me in many ways, but I certainly came out better at the end of the weekend. I've never been one who thought that being a stay-at-home mom was a cushy, slacker-of-a-job, but after my weekend with Noelle I was able to even better understand and appreciate all that Sarah does each day.

God really gave me a perfect weekend with Noelle. There were times when she was very happy, easily entertained, and napped well, but then there were times that made me wonder what in the world I had gotten myself into. Honestly, that's just what I needed. If the weekend had been too smooth, I would have been tempted to think of Sarah's job as easy. If the weekend had been a nightmare, then Sarah wouldn't be going on another retreat until she is 63.

My time with Noelle was so much fun, and I look forward to getting to have her to myself again. Isn't it great to know that we can always trust God to provide us with just what we need?

Here are some pictures of our time together:

Early Friday morning, after breakfast

Playtime with Daddy


After bathtime on Friday

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was my first blog entry in a couple of months, and I just couldn't let it end up without any comments. I figure that one comment, even if it is from yourself, is better than no comments.

Sarah's latest posting is getting comments galore because of her cakes. Maybe I need to check out the culinary arts...

- Chris

Anonymous said...

I'll comment...I'm glad too that you had a good weekend with Noelle...not too easy but not too hard. Just so you know what it's really like. Sarah is not overreacting when she describes her days! I'm also glad it was a blend of both so that Sarah does not have to wait until she's 63 to go on another retreat!

Corrie