Well, I intended to blog about Noelle's ear infection and all of that stuff first, but cake decorating is so FUN! I couldn't resist blogging about it first.
I'm taking a Wilton Cake decorating class at Michael's this month. It's something I've always thought would be so fun to know how to do. Chris is so sweet to let me have an evening "off" so that I can take this class.
So far we've learned how to make icing, frost a cake, decorate with stars, swirl flowers and writing. I think that some of the techniques are really easy, but others require lots and lots of practice. I'm definitely willing to put in the practice though (because each time I feel like I deserve to eat some of the icing!)
So far we've learned how to make icing, frost a cake, decorate with stars, swirl flowers and writing. I think that some of the techniques are really easy, but others require lots and lots of practice. I'm definitely willing to put in the practice though (because each time I feel like I deserve to eat some of the icing!)
The only major drawback to this is the mess I make! I'm not one who cleans as I go, so by the time I bake a cake, make the icing, and decorate, you can imagine what a huge mess I've made. Icing is hard to clean, too, because of how much crisco is in it. I think that now after I've experienced the HUGE messes in my kitchen, I will learn to clean as I go & make myself not decorate (the fun part) until most of the kitchen is already clean.
Here are my first two cakes:
6 comments:
Hi!
The cakes look awesome. Noelle is going to have some great birthday cakes. Your retreat sounds awesome; I'm glad that you learned so much. Loved reading your blog!!
Julie
What gorgeous cakes! I took all 3 Wilton classes when Joey was about Noelle's age and had a blast with them, too. :-)
WOW! Very impressive! And kudos to you for learning something new!
Feel free to come over and make a mess in my kitchen anytime you want - those cakes look delish!
W
Alright, now you have recruited yourself to make all of the birthday cakes for the girls this summer! :) They are beautiful and you have inspired me to learn something new. Thanks!
It was so fun to see you this weekend. I'm just sorry it wasn't longer:(
Hi Sarah, this is Linda from Chris' work office. Chris brought that 2nd cake to our staff luncheon, and we almost didn't cut it ....it was so pretty. I thought you must have been doing it for years! And it tasted good too!
Hope to taste more in the future...HAHA. We do appreciate you sharing with our office.
Linda
Thanks so much for your compliments on the cakes! Maybe I'll have to get a business started. :-)
Post a Comment