Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Jealousy

Many of you have asked how Noelle has responded since Jared's arrival. She's 3 weeks into being a big sister and has done a fabulous job. She frequently asks to babysit Jared, meaning she wants to sit next to him and shove a pacifier in his mouth every time it pops out. She loves to give him toys and talks about him a lot. Noelle seems very proud to be a big sister. She really hasn't had any major moments of jealousy. We didn't know what to expect but were hoping that it wouldn't be worse than what Chris did as a 2-year-old. He shattered a glass lamp soon after his baby brother was brought home because of lack of attention.

The only thing that Noelle has done so far was sulk in the corner when she couldn't be held. We can deal with that a lot better than throwing lamps.


1 comment:

Jamie White said...

When I brought Aaron home, (youngest) I heard his first ever pain cry from the other room and then Blake (big brother) ran up to me and said in a panic "I didn't bite his nose!" I had a blue nose 10 day old. I would have preferred the lamp. :)