Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Deep Thoughts

I turned 30 yesterday, and this birthday was different than any before it. This milestone was bigger, and many friends and family members took note. I was bombarded with cards, emails, phone calls, and questions all day long (actually, this started several days leading up to my birthday) of how I felt about turning 30, being so old, etc. I normally am not the type to get very caught up in the meaning of a number, but this year things were different. I truly spent a lot of time contemplating my 3 decades and coming to grips with my age, and after several long, pensive days, there was one, overriding question that I just couldn't get out of my mind:

How old must my parents be to have a son that is 30?

Yes, my parents may be much older than I ever realized, but at least they are still able to maintain a sense of humor. I received many birthday cards this year, but the one from them below was the one that made me laugh the most.




No comments: