Sunday, March 25, 2007

Lesson Learned

Sometimes we have to make mistakes in order to learn, and I have found that this is especially true with parenting. Well, Chris and I learned a lesson last night: Don't go into Noelle's room after she's asleep!

We watched a movie that had an unexpectedly sad ending (urg!!!) and I decided I would peek in on sleeping Noelle to lift my spirits before I went to bed. When I walked in, Noelle was sprawled out and it was so funny I started laughing to myself. Just then Chris peeked in, too, and when we made eye contact we couldn't help but bust out laughing. You know how it is when you know you should be quiet but you can't keep from laughing and so that makes it worse? That was us. So, Noelle stirs in her bed and moves to another funny position and we laugh again. This time she's on the verge of waking up so we drop to the floor so that Noelle won't see us. I felt like a criminal hiding from the police. Anyway, despite our stealthy moves, she ends up waking up and is MAD. (Who could blame her?) She wasn't just doing her normal kinda fussy cry...we were into the strangled ostrich cry. I felt so horrible! I woke up my own baby because I was laughing. But it was because she's so cute! That's OK, right? :-)

3 comments:

Ryan Smith said...

I hope that wasn't a movie I recommended!

Chris and Sarah said...

Nope. It was one my Dad and a Blockbuster employee recommended.

Anonymous said...

Your story is hilarious! ---Gram