Saturday, August 29, 2009

Busy Bugs

This afternoon Noelle and I were playing Busy Bugs, a game with lots of different colored insects. There are 6 different kinds of bugs that each come in 6 different colors. It's a great way to teach counting and sorting.



In the middle of the game when we were sorting by color and putting them on the corresponding color on the card, I had the following conversation with Noelle:

N: “No! no! Purple! Purple! Do you not know how to play this game?”

C: “Sorry. I thought it was blue.”

N: “Why don’t we not play this game. Let’s play Candy Land. You’re good at that game.”

C: “Am I not good at this game?”

N: “No, you’re not as good at this game. You don’t know your colors.”


I suppose I will be explaining colorblindness to Noelle a few years sooner than expected so that she doesn't think her father is a moron.

1 comment:

Gram said...

That is so funny! You will certainly need to explain your colorblindness to her soon!