Anyway, during our trip we bought a car seat in Dallas because we had some coupons to Babies R Us and got a great deal. So now we have officially made the switch to a forward facing car seat! I'm loving how much easier it is to get Noelle in and out of. I was surprised at how high the seat is, but it's great because she can look out the window. Noelle has done well in it so far, but can be VERY loud. I guess in her other car seat the sound had to travel to the back of the car first, and it didn't seem as loud. It's also harder for her to go to sleep with all of the distractions around her. In fact, on our trip home Noelle only slept for about 30 minutes and then stayed awake until we got home at 10pm. (She's normally asleep by 7:30.) She was pretty cranky.

Also, yesterday we went to the doctor for her one year check up. (Her original appointment had to be delayed because she was sick.) She's 20 pounds & 5 ounces (35%) and is 30 inches long (75%). The doctor said she looked really healthy and gave me some more tips about food allergies. Introducing table foods has been a really slow process because we have to watch for allergies pretty closely, and she's kind of picky about the texture of some foods. She's now eating frozen mixed vegetables (major victory!) and will eat canned peas & carrots, fruit and bread. We still give her baby food meat & some vegetables. She's also drinking rice milk because the soy bothered her when we tried that. I haven't gotten the courage to try the rice milk yet, but Noelle doesn't seem to mind it.
OK...I really have to get something productive done!! I hope you're having a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment