Well...Noelle's first birthday didn't really go as expected. Late in the afternoon on Wednesday she started running a fever. Poor thing. She still had it the next morning, and so we made a doctor's appointment. He thought she probably had a virus and recommended that we postpone her birthday party (which was supposed to be this morning at playgroup). He jokingly said, "You could just dope her up on Motrin and not tell anyone she's sick." I'm sure the other moms would not have appreciated that advice. :-)
She has seemed to feel better today, so Chris and I thought about taking her to the pool. (Which was really more for me because I was bummed about the party.) Well...now it's raining. I mean, seriously! Can I get any more disappointed? I really need a chocolate bar.
Good news--I did find a cake recipe that works. It's a spice cake and is super yummy. It doesn't rise very tall, but at least it didn't sink in or anything. So I'm very glad that she will actually have a real cake at her family party on Sunday.
I hear Noelle waking up from her nap. I guess that's all for now!
1 comment:
Bummer for Miss Noelle! Nice advice from your doctor (although, selfishly, sometimes I want to do just that since most plans are for me anyway!!)
Glad you found a good cake recipe. Yummmm, spice cake sounds good right now!
Post a Comment