Sunday, January 14, 2007

Another Ice Storm

It seems like the meteorologists in Texas forecast ice storms & wintry mix a lot more often than it really happens. Therefore, when they were saying it would sleet this weekend, I didn't pay attention to it very much. My bad.

We're out of Diaper Genie refills and running dangerously low on wipes. I can make due without the Diaper Genie...but wipes? What did people do before they were invented? I could never have been a pioneer mom. Also, we ran out of size 2 diapers, so we temporarily switched to size 3 while we are iced in. You would think after 6 months I would be used to having a baby in the house! Plus, I am the person who is notorious for keeping some emergency supplies like canned food and bottled water. I guess I need to add diapers into my stash. :-) Thank goodness Chris went to the store for me on Thursday or else we wouldn't even have milk!

Stay warm!

3 comments:

Wade said...

Hey Sarah,

I think I would only last a couple days as a pioneer parent! A hold-over from the pioneer days that I don't understand is why some people are still using cloth diapers!!

I know the argument is to save $$, but I would gladly make room in our budget to keep from having to deal with that mess!

W

Anonymous said...

Wade, you are wise beyond your years. There is nothing you can purchase that comes close to the benefits of disposable diapers. I did cloth diapers for 8 months & splurged during a move & bought Pampers... I never used a cloth diaper again. I too would have made a lousy pioneer...but God knew that!
Chris' mom

Chris and Sarah said...

There was a time when Noelle stopped going #2 ALL the time when I considered cloth diapers. But then she started on solid food & has had some formula. I sure am glad I can throw these diapers away and not have to deal with them!