Well, I'm way way behind on this one. But better late than never.


Several days ago (as in 16) , Jared turned 8 months and here is what he's up to now:
He's army crawling everywhere, and is pretty fast at doing it. Hopefully this will mean that I'll lose the rest of my baby-weight soon because I'm chasing after him a lot. :-)

Chris' solution to the crawling:

Right before he turned 8 months old, he started getting himself to a sitting position by himself. He started in his crib, and we'd go in to get him in the morning and he'd surprise us by sitting up! (Now, he does it all the time!)

He's jabbering a bit more.

He eats a ton!! His favorites are fruit, broccoli, peas, and carrots. He thinks baby cereal is okay, and his least favorites are squash and green beans.

We took him on his first picnic, but it was cut short because of ants. Urg!

He takes one nap around 11:30 or so, and will sleep around 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
He's started waking up between 5-6am, but as soon as he eats he'll usually sleep until 8. I'm not super fired up about this schedule, but it makes me get up early and be productive, so that's good. As a result, I've been going to bed around 9. Yes 9...I've given up on being young and hip.
This month we went to East TX to visit their great-grandparents. Here are some pics from that trip:






The biggest news from this month is that we've figured out that Jared probably has food allergies, too. Major bummer. We mixed some formula in his cereal and he broke out in hives with milk formula. With soy formula he seemed to do okay at first, and then when I gave him a bottle, he threw up the whole thing. It was disappointing, but at least we know what we're doing a little more this go around.
And, he may be allergic to dogs, too. Anytime a dog licks his face, he'll break out a little bit. Luckily, our dog is small and doesn't shed much, so he doesn't seem to be too affected by her.
No comments:
Post a Comment