Tuesday, March 02, 2010

February 30th

Jared's two-month birthday is February 30th, but there's no such thing as February 30th. Does that mean he won't ever be two months old?





Here are some highlights of the month, mainly so I'll remember them later.

--Stats: 11 pounds, 6 oz.; 22 3/4 inches long (both 50%)
--He got his shots today and screamed quite a bit, and bled a lot too! He needed 3 band-aids for one of his legs. Yikes!
--During the day he is still eating every 2 to 3 hours, but he'll go longer at night.
--He is sleeping better at night. It takes him a while to go to sleep after his last feeding, but then he'll sleep between 4 and 6 hours.
--He still loves his bouncer and spends plenty of time in it. :-)
--He also loves being in his sling and in my home-made Moby wrap. He almost always goes to sleep within a few minutes of being put in them & I love "baby wearing." I wish I had done it with Noelle, too. It's so nice to be able to hold him and still have 2 hands free.
--He spits up A TON! He's happy and gaining weight well, so his doctor doesn't see a need to treat him for reflux. But we go through a ton of burp cloths & clothes each day. It's a major victory if I can get through a feeding without getting spit up on me.
--Earlier this month (weeks 5 & 6) he was crying a lot in the evenings...usually when we were ready to go to sleep for the night! It peaked about 6 weeks, and has gotten much better. For a while, though, I was wondering what in the world we got ourselves into! I still wonder that sometimes, but not nearly as much.
--One of the most fun things about this month is that he's started smiling and making happy noises. (He started smiling when he was 7 weeks old, I think, and of course he smiled at Chris and Noelle before he smiled at me.)
--Noelle is continuing to do GREAT! She is an awesome big sis. Sometimes I think that she thinks she's a third parent. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just think he looks so much like Noelle. Glad things are going pretty well, for you guys, enjoy these days though they're hard. He'll be turning one before you know it!

And, that third parent thing, it's true, just get used to it.