Sunday, January 18, 2009

One Month

Well, today has been a little hard for me because it's been a month since Jeffrey was born. I'm so glad that today fell on a Sunday because I got a ton of hugs from friends at church.

We found out some additional news this week about everything that happened. At my follow-up appointment, my doctor ordered a few blood tests, and one of them came back positive for a blood clotting disorder. Now that we have this information, it is most likely that there were blood clots in the placenta that led to Jeffrey's death.

This disorder is something that's not common at all but is sometimes found in women who have had late or repeat miscarriages. It really won't affect my everyday life, but it will make any future pregnancies a little more high-risk. I will be able to take medication during pregnancy to reduce the risk of blood clots developing, and my doctor was very reassuring and positive about the outcome of a future pregnancy. He has dealt with this with several of his patients and has had very good results.

We are so glad to have this information and are very thankful that there is a treatment that works. But at the same time there are a lot of mixed emotions since we didn't know it before we were pregnant. It's hard not to let your mind wonder to "if I had only known, then..." But we are continuing to trust in God, and it makes us so so thankful that Noelle was born without any complications.

God's really cool because He knew that I would need a little cheering up this weekend. His timing is always so good. My roommate from college (who lives in Houston) came for a visit with her husband and son. They were here for the weekend, and we had a blast and laughed a ton! It was so good to be around her.

Thanks for your continued support and prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How thankful we are for God's provision of the information your doctor needed. May He provide the comfort & peace that you need as you continue to trust His unfailing love for you. We love you, pray for you & wait with you as His plan unfolds for your family.

Rebecca and Vic said...

I'm so glad were able to see you this weekend! We are continuing to pray for you guys and are so thankful for your friendship.

Kelly said...

I'm sure this and many other anniversaries will be hard, but good friends do help! And I know it can't take the pain away or give you your baby, but that is so good that you can understand a lot more of what/why it happened. Many prayers!