Today I got to call Sarah on my lunchbreak and talk with her for a few minutes. When I called, Noelle was at the table eating lunch and Sarah was fixing her lunch. A few minutes into our conversation Sarah had to put the phone down, and I heard the following in the background:
"Noelle, you need to take your socks off of your hands and eat your lunch."
I hadn't witnessed that during a meal before, so it gave me a pretty good laugh. We continued to talk for a few minutes, and then Sarah moved to the table to eat her lunch with Noelle. Eventually Sarah put me on speakerphone so that I could talk with Noelle. Noelle began to tell me about her day, and then I heard Sarah say:
"Noelle, don't put your noodles on the phone. Daddy can't eat them. I think she is trying to feed you."
I had a pretty good day at work, but those few minutes on the phone were easily the highlight of my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment