Sunday, February 24, 2008

Bassmaster Classic

For those of you who know me well, you know that I love to hunt but I don't really fish at all. Actually, I don't even like it that much. So, you may be wondering why I blogging about the Bassmaster Classic. The Classic is the Super Bowl of bass fishing, and it took place this weekend in South Carolina. The weigh-in was recently completed, and Alton Jones was the winner. Who is Alton Jones? Well, he is my maternal grandmother's sister's son (aka: my second cousin). Alton is an incredibly Godly man who takes every opportunity to share his faith. He has a heart for the Lord and a heart for helping people know the Lord. We are all so proud of him and excited that God allowed him to win this tournament. This is going to open many doors for him and give him an awesome platform to share his faith.


If you follow the link at the bottom, you can find a couple of articles about his win and a link to his blog. I also understand that he has flown to Connecticut to be interviewed by Mike & Mike on ESPN Monday morning. How cool is that?

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/tournaments/classic/index

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could also just say that Alton Jones is your mother's cousin & that she's a really big fan who handles the media/public relations for him...

Alton Jones's first cousin