Thursday, November 09, 2006

Tummy Time


Noelle hates tummy time! I probably didn't put her on her tummy enough when she was itty-bitty, and now she SCREAMS when we do it. She'll lay there for a couple of minutes grunting and trying to lift up her head, but she really isn't too good at it. Then she gets frustrated and cries until we flip her back over. Sometimes she keeps crying after we turn her over...she makes a very pitiful pouting face as if to say, "Why did you leave me like that?" It's kind of funny to watch her face down on the blanket, but I also feel mean to let her lay there frustrated.

This really wasn't much of a problem until Tuesday. Then she learned to flip herself over. Now she just needs to learn the other half of the roll! Yesterday evening she probably rolled over 10 times and I kept having to bail her out and turn her over. I let her lay on her tummy each time so she might start developing her "tummy skills" but Noelle was really unhappy about this. I guess I would be, too, if I was "trapped" on my stomach.

When she's older, she'll probably wonder why I was taking a picture of her instead of helping her. :-)

1 comment:

Ryan Smith said...

I suppose someday I'll understand the purpose of this "exercise." =)