
And I finally got out Noelle's baby book and started writing in it. I've been putting it off for a while, thinking that it would be hard filling out all of that info. It really wasn't bad at all. I hadn't looked at it in a while, and I was afraid that I would have already forgotten a lot of the things that it asks you. Luckily, the pages are pretty simple and I hadn't forgotten that much. What I didn't know, I took my best guess at. Better to have something than nothing, right?
Updates for her at 3 months...*Last Thursday I saw her take a toy on her bouncer and put it in her mouth for the first time. That was pretty cool! I know that I will want to keep things out of her mouth, but it was neat to see her accomplish that for the first time! Later she made a cute noise that sounded like she was saying, "Man, I'm exhausted! Trying to get my hands on that thing is hard work!"
*I'm not sure of her weight since we don't have a check up this month, but I measured her length and she is about 24 inches long.
*She's so fun to "talk" to now. She can make sounds with you back and forth & will even try to mimic us sometimes. It's really cute! She's started to squeal when she plays with her toys, too.
*Since she's 3 months old, she can now go to our church's nursery. I've been looking forward to this day so that I don't have to worry about loud diapers, but I was a little sad taking her in today. I can already tell that kindergarten will be rough!! Anyway, she did great today! (And I only peeked in on her once.) :-)
*Bad habits: 1) She's getting to where she sucks her thumbs and fingers all the time. We try to give her a paci & she'll normally take it. But then those fingers make it to her mouth just as often. I don't mind, though, because she keeps herself occupied with it. 2) She likes watching the TV. I guess it's because of the bright lights. Is it too early for Veggie Tales already?
Anyway, that's our latest update. We are loving parenthood!
3 comments:
It's never too early for Veggie Tales! Joey was singing "vuh-vuh-vuh-vuh-vuh" along with the part that goes "There's never ever ever ever ever been a show like Veggie Tales" when he was 9 mos old. :-)
You know it's not too early for Veggie Tales. Kaylee was addicted at 3 months I think! Mallory isn't very interested yet. We bought "Love your neighbor" and thought she would be mesmerized, but she cried halfway into it. Our daughter is special:)
Noelle looks great! I'm excited to see her in person Friday!
Kimber, that's so cute about Joey! I loved reading about all of his cute "funnies" the other day.
We don't have any Veggie Tales yet, so Noelle's favorite "show" right now is football. Her daddy is explaining all of the plays to her. :-) Today, though, she was mesmerized by Martha Stewart on the Today show. Maybe we have a little homemaker on our hands. Something cool is that NBC now shows Veggie Tales on TV Saturday mornings. (I'm not sure if it's just an Abilene thing or not.)
Shannon, we're looking forward to seeing you guys on Friday, too! I LOVED all of the pictures you sent yesterday. Mallory is getting more adorable by the minute!
Post a Comment