Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Here's the story

In case you're curious about the recipe for the meal made in the previous post. Here it is:

Ingredients
2 cups of pasta
Not enough water

Boil water while you are feeding your newborn. In the middle of the feeding, while you are pausing to burp the baby, add noodles. Set a timer for 10 minutes so you don't forget about the noodles on the stove. Continue feeding. Ignore the sound of water boiling over the pan.

When the timer goes off, decide to change your baby's diaper first. Smell something burning. Hmmm. Change diaper faster. Put the baby in the bouncer. Quickly enter into your kitchen and see smoke. Remove pan from burner and set it outside. Proceed inside and fan the smoke detector. Realize that there's too much smoke. Spend 3-5 minutes trying to remove the battery while trying to keep the horrible beeping noise from deafening your baby and toddler.

Try to figure out another meal for your toddler while she refuses to step foot in the kitchen and is crying because of the burned meal.

Air out your house for 2 days.

5 comments:

Gramps said...

Macaroni al carbon. Yumm!

Love your pictures and posts, keep 'em comin'!

Anonymous said...

you were supposed to protect the innocent...ie: mom's who have recently given birth!

beccaellis said...

I was sanitizing some "pumping" devices and the water ran out and they melted on the bottom of the pan. They were toast.

Any chance your pan will make it?

Chris and Sarah said...

Dad: Funny one!

Corrie: It's OK. I think the fact that I did it is pretty funny. At least I didn't start an actual fire...then it wouldn't be so funny and I would have blamed Chris. :-)

Becca: Your story cracked me up. We kept the pan and got it mostly cleaned up, but I'm not sure it's safe to use. I'm sure burnt Teflon is a carcinogen. Luckily it went with an old set.

Gram said...

You are right! You definitely do not want a fire. Unfortunately, I speak from experience!