Thursday, February 04, 2010

February 4, 2010

Today is the first day that Noelle got out of her bed at night. It's crazy weird that she's over 3 1/2 years old and she has just always stayed in her bed and called for us to come get her. I know some of you have kids who have been climbing out of their cribs since they were tiny. Anyway, the reason I write this is because she and I had a funny little conversation when she came out into the living room.

It was about 10:30, and I was rocking (a screaming) Jared. I hear a weird noise, like a dog barking or something. As I'm reaching for the remote to turn down the TV, Noelle's door opens up. I panic. Seriously, she has never gotten out of her bed before. About 5% of me thought there was going to be a burglar come out of her room. Actually, maybe more than that. Luckily, it was just Noelle. I tell her to come over to the chair I'm in and try to figure out what the deal is. (She may have even been sleep walking.) I ask her if she's had a bad dream. She says yes. I ask her what it was about.

She says, "Mommy. My bad dream was that I didn't get enough sleep."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe this is NOT the reason she got out of bed, but welcome to the world of multiple children.

Gram said...

Now that was funny!

mm said...

Are you sure that she wasn't having a bad dream about burned macaroni?