Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm trying not to be offended...

...by my own daughter!! This morning when I brought her cereal, she looks at me and says, "You are so big in your shirt." Excuse me? I'm less than 3 months pregnant...surely she did not really mean what she just said. I'm used to her saying very sweet things like, "I like your shirt" or "you are oh so pretty." Luckily during my first pregnancy I taught 9th graders who really did mean the things they said, so I'm used to offending comments from people during pregnancy. :-)

Anyway, so then I reviewed with her that there was a baby in my tummy. (And apparently that's why I'm as big as a barn.) Her next question of the day was, "Is the baby going to come see me?" How do you explain how long 29 weeks is to a 2 year old?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Sarah! They say you always show faster with the second kid (whoever "they" are). Hope you are feeling great. You're beautiful!
Love,
Donna