Sunday, January 09, 2011

I should have judged the book by it's cover

This next week, Noelle and I are learning about insects.  (Eww.)  Anyway, I went on Saturday and picked up some books from the library.  At the library, my goal is to get in and get out before either kid has a meltdown.  Since I'm not in there long, I generally get a stack-full of books and go through them later for age-appropriateness, content, etc.  I saw one called "Bugs in my Hair."  I thought to myself, "Oh, that sounds like a funny, cute book." 

Noelle asked Chris to read it to her today, and he asks me, "Do you know this book is about lice?"

Nice.

I guess if I looked closer at it I would have realized...or at least if I had glanced at the "Note to Parents" page. 

We didn't read it to her, but Noelle is now really curious about why we didn't.  Knowing her, she would be horrified by the prospect of lice and wouldn't let the subject go for about 4 years. 

1 comment:

beccaellis said...

hahaha. I think ya'll made a wise choice.