Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Shh.....Don't Tell Noelle :-)

Well, we have a big secret that we're trying to keep from Noelle for a few weeks. Any guesses? Chris would be mean and give you a quiz, but I'll go ahead and spill the beans.

We've got a bun in the oven!

We are very newly pregnant, so we don't even have a good due date or anything. (We're expecting to be due mid-Dec to early-Jan.) But we wanted to go ahead and announce our news so that you could be praying for us and our little one. I've had 2 blood tests done so far and things are looking good from that standpoint.

I've started daily shots of a blood thinner along with a baby aspirin each day to prevent blood clots. That's going pretty well, although it's definitely not my favorite! However, we are so thankful that there is a treatment, even if it is a shot.

We'll go to our first appointment in 3 weeks and have an ultrasound, so we will know much more after that appointment and will keep you posted.

Please pray specifically that we won't worry. God has been so good to us, and we want to enjoy this pregnancy and not be plagued with constant fear. Each day brings many opportunities for me to choose joy or to choose fear, and God has been so faithful to help me choose joy. But keep praying!

We are also waiting to tell Noelle until these first critical weeks are over. (Although, I tend to show pretty fast, so she may notice the baby sooner than I'm hoping.) :-) She's been talking about Jeffrey some lately, and I'm anticipating lots of questions about him when the time comes to tell her about our new baby.

Thank you all so much for your support and prayers. We are so blessed to have friends like you!

5 comments:

Rebecca and Vic said...

I am so excited for you and will absolutely be keeping you and this baby in my prayers!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you!! You will be in my prayers. -Misty

Shannon said...

Congratulations!! I will be praying for y'all and for this new pregnancy.

I've been loving the Noelle stories. She's a hoot!

Anonymous said...

I was so thinking about you guys and this...and definitely know the temptation to fear. We will pray with you.

Carolyn said...

How wonderful! God is so good to bless you again and give you a way to maintain a safe home for this little one....praying for you.