Saturday, February 21, 2009

Valentine's Day Party

We had a great Valentine's day this year. I (Sarah) must admit that I'm not a huge Valentine's person, but it gave us an excuse to do some fun activities with Noelle.

First we found some cookies that Noelle can actually eat. They are just the regular Pillsbury pre-cut cookies. Noelle had a fun time arranging them on the cookie sheet all by herself.



But then we had to rearrange them after she was done. :-)


We read several books in preparation of the big day, and filled out our own valentines. I had plans to make some really cute "crafty" ones, but then we ended up going with some cute store-bought ones. Maybe next year...

We went to a Valentine party at a friend's house. It was super fun! The kids all had a blast. It's funny because Noelle gets pretty overwhelmed by big groups, so she stuck close to momma the whole time. Later when I asked her, though, she kept saying how much fun she had. Thanks to Becca for all of her hard work getting this together for us!

They did coloring...

And crafts (this is Noelle in her "paint" shirt)....

Then decorated cookies...

And ate cookies...

And exchanged valentines, and then posed for a group photo with their goodies...

And finished up with red jello.

Funny story about the Jello. We have to be really careful about the foods Noelle eats, and so I've gotten pretty bad about not trying new things with her, even if they are allergy free. Noelle has had Jello before, but it has probably been over a year ago. I knew she would like it, but it seriously took her 5 minutes before she would even try a bite. I sat her down and gave her the cup and spoon. I tried feeding her a bite, but that wasn't happening. She would bring the spoon up to her mouth and then chicken out and put it back in the cup. This went on forever until she finally took a bite, and then she loved it! Silly girl!

Hope you had a great Valentine's day, too!

1 comment:

beccaellis said...

Sarah,
I'm so glad ya'll had fun at the party. It wouldn't have been anywhere close to as good of a party if all of you participants hadn't been so enthusiastic or done such a great job with the cards.

I'm excited for Noelle and Jello!

Yay!

Next time I'll make the hard stuff for her -jigglers