Wednesday, August 06, 2008

It's a Jungle Out There

The week of Noelle's birthday Chris and his dad got rid of the jungle that hid the majority of the front of our house. I had been wanting to do this for a while, but now that Noelle is old enough to play there, we decided to get it done. They did so much work, and I am so thankful because I LOVE the outcome. They pulled up all the shrubs, removed 18 wheelbarrows of dirt, and then poured concrete (80 bags at 80 pounds each) to extend the sidewalk into a courtyard.

Then the next week, my mom came and took me shopping for some potted plants to complete the look. (We'll eventually replace the camping chairs with real patio furniture.) :-) Noelle loves going out there to blow bubbles and to ride in her car. Again, thank you to everyone who worked on it!

BEFORE:

DURING:





MAKING HANDPRINTS IN THE CONCRETE:



FINISHED:

5 comments:

The Jungs said...

It looks awesome!!!

gary & kimber said...

I love it! What a great place to play and relax!!

Kara said...

Looks so good! We love playing on our back porch and I am sure that Noelle likes it out front. How fun!

Gililland's Island said...

Wow, so sorry I didn't make a bigger deal of it when I saw it the first time. Seeing the before and after pictures right beside each other really brings it into perspective! It looks really good!

Wade said...

Wow! That looks great, Chris!

So much so that I now feel a bit inferior to you as I know I'm not that handy around the house!

Great job!