Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Dinner with Noelle

Tonight at dinner Noelle did a good job of eating meatloaf and green beans. She then requested some fruit. She was given some peaches, pears, and pineapple, and the following transpired as Noelle began to eat her first bite:

Chris: What fruit is that?

Noelle: Pear.

Chris: That's a peach.

Noelle: Pear.

Chris: You're welcome to call it a pear, but it's a peach.

The piece of fruit has now been in her mouth for a good 10 seconds. I thought Noelle had swallowed it, but I found out otherwise when she stuck her hand WAY back in her mouth, pulled it out, looked at it for a couple of seconds and then said, "Peach."

So, Daddy was right after all. He may be color blind, but he does know his fruit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny!

Gram & Baba

Anonymous said...

I laughed for several seconds after reading that. Too funny! You really never know what they will do next.